Monday, September 22, 2008

Bad Mommy!

Background: I gave Lucas a choice, I could make the cupcakes for his birthday party, or we could buy them at the store.
Secretly, I wanted to do the 2nd, because there are ALWAYS tooo many cupcakes (is there such a thing). But a box usually makes 24-30 cupcakes and there were NOT that many kids at the party ( Thank Heaven for that).
And Lucas's birthday treat for school were homemade granola bars to stay in the healthy snack theme the school askes for.
So, all that to say Lucas wanted to pick out cupcakes at the store. Yeah!!!
Or so I thought!

Open scene Sunday before Church:
Lucas (still struggling w/the party on the 20th but bday is really the 22nd):
"So tomorrow, is my birthday?"

Me: "Yes"

Lucas: "So tomorrow we can go to McDonalds for my bday dinner?"

Me: "Yes"

Lucas: "And then we are having bday cake?"

Me: "Um no, we had cupcakes at your party."

Lucas: "You are NOT making me a cake???"

Me: "Ummmm no. You wanted cupcakes from the store remember?"

Now how was I supposed to know that he thought I was still going to bake him a
cake on his bday. And I had to work on Sunday night. When would I have the
time.

Lucas: "But I will have presents tomorrow, right?"

Me: (Are you kidding me!!! What presents???)
"No baby, You opened your presents at the party."

Lucas : " But we will celebrate my birthday, just the four of us?"

Me: "Yes, baby just the four of us will celebrate your bday!"

Lucas: "Good" and he is all smiles.

Crisis avoided, no harm done.
But I was having a mini heart attack for 5 solid seconds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lesson learned- always have one present child can open on his REAL bday.