Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Summer is offically over. . . :(

So, the boys started their first day of school yesterday. They had a half day yesterday and today. And have their first full day on Wed. They were excited. Well, Noah plays it cool- but he was rushing to be the first out the door. We did some back to school shopping at Old Navy (can you say $10 jeans! Woohoo!) and here are our outfits except Lucas who was having a little trouble getting dressed and eating breakfast so quickly. He is used to a more leisurely paced morning. But he did pretty good.
Isn't he so cute! He also has it in green. He didn't like being left behind. But I am sure he isn't allowed in the school!

Notice the new lunch boxes! Costco has the coolest things!
Off we go. You can check out Lucas's new jeans from the back and his brand new backpack. Yep, Costco again!
Lucas has Mrs. A-who was Noah's 1st grade teacher. Lucas was a little worried since his bestfriend wasn't in his class :(. But we said a little prayer before school and he had a great day. He even made a new friend on his first day. Go Lucas!
Eli really likes his bendy ruler. He has Mrs. L who was Noah's teacher last year- but last year she was Ms.R- she got married over the summer. So, we are all getting used to her new name. Eli was excited because she is who he wanted.
Noah- who is starting 5th grade- I can't believe my babies are getting so big- sniff***sniff***- Oh, needed a moment there- what was I saying. Oh, Noah has Mr. P. Noah is not sure what to think about that he heard that Mr. P gives extra work. We will just have to see.
The boys had a good first day. And were quite happy that I had homework and not them! But their time will come! Now, what to do with the rest of my day. . . .hmmm! Any ideas?

4 comments:

Manning said...

Oh the first day of school! David starts his first day this next Tuesday! We will have nap time for the other boys and mommy while he's at school,yeah! Looks like you will be able to sleep after a long night of working. Your time is due!

Anonymous said...

The boys look great all spiffed up. I think I noticed haircuts all around. It is too funny that Lucas wanted a buzz cut. He must be thinking of ways to cut the morning chores down by one. Everyone knows buzz cut means you don't have to worry about a bad hair day. That boy is always thinking, he will do great in 1st grade. I can understand why Tovi was disappointed, he has a case of all dressed up and no place to go. I am glad they had a great first day. I know how hard you work to support their education. While they might not understand now, there will come a time when they will see the light. Usually that means when they have children and they are going to school. You are a GREAT mom!

Anonymous said...

I like the actual age of the boys at the bottom. Is that new or have I just noticed it.

Anonymous said...

Does Tovi have any matching shorts to go with his cute shirt? Also, they make doggie-booties for his paws! Perhaps you can get him a little backpack--that would be a great accessory! By the way, Berrie says "hi" to Tovi and wonders when he can come over to play:)