Okay, I will set the scene. Noah was in yoga. Eli, Lucas and I were in one of the rooms at the gym while Eli was working on his homework. My mom got the boys these brain cards from Christmas. They are grade level appropriate and have a ton of questions on different questions on various subject (and are great to throw in your purse). Anyway, Lucas and I were going through a set of the 1st grade cards- and the question was is 7 an odd or even number?
So, Lucas says "What's odd or even mean?"
I say " Well, even means that you can divide the number in half like the number 4 is even because you can separate it into 2 groups of 2." I got out some old movie tickets in my bag and tried to use them to explain.
While I was explaining Lucas was saying " So even is smooth, like even numbers put on lotion?"
What?!?! I have no idea where these things come from, but he is definitely entertaining. Obviously, my lesson was completely going over his head. But I do think that his thought process was too cute.
Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment