Sunday, October 17, 2010

A day at the zoo . . .

Lucas's class had a field trip to the zoo on Thursday. It was a beautiful day. A few kids had never been-so it was wonderful to see them experience it for the first time. It has been awhile a few years since the last time I went, I really enjoyed the new polar bear exhibit.
Let the day begin . . .
Where is the polar bear?
On to Africa . . .
Gotta love monkeys . . .
He wouldn't smile for the camera, but he was still impressive!
Lucas said "I love vultures, well as long as I am not dead!"
The kids were impressed by the size of the tortoises.
One of the girls in the group was really looking forward to seeing the giraffes.
Just before lunch-we were back by the polar bear exhibit and he was putting on a show just for us. He kept swimming by the glass and flipping on to his back. He would push off w/his back paws- the kids loved putting their hands where his paws were. It was awesome!
After lunch, we head to Australia and to the cat walk!
Monkeys are my favorite! It was fun to watch these two groom each other.
The kangaroos were enjoying the beautiful weather also. It was a great field trip.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Great pics! I need to take the boys back there.

iris7531 said...

Jules I am sure the boys would love it. You would need to do the tram/train combo-it makes getting around alot easier. We could take all the boys-it would be fun, pack a picnic.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful memory for both you and Lucas? We always love to go to the zoo. I think the Giant Pandas in Berlin remain my favorite. I think it must be because they aren't in every zoos.I really enjoy seeing the wonderment on the children's faces. Thanks for sharing.