Friday, May 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Eli!

Yesterday was Eli's birthday and surprisingly the boys were actually out of school so a slumber party was in order. The family came up for pizza, cake and presents. And we had a great time. Luckily the rain held up till later in the evening which gave the kids plenty of time to enjoy playing outside.
Here are pics of Eli's birthday treats that I made for Eli's class. They were option #2 since I had a cake pop disaster that I care not to remember! However - the kids loved the cupcakes so that is all I care about!
 Since I was unsuccessful making angry birds space cake pops for Eli's school treats - I was determined to redeem myself. And I gotta say I am pretty pleased with the results. I wasn't sure how the purple triangular birds were gonna turn out - so I only made 3 of them - but they ended up being one of my favorites.
 And the angry birds need a planet to fly to . . .
 Everyone is here so let the eating begin.
 Onto presents.
 Thanks Trevor, Tyler and Colin for the legos . . . oh and Aunt Julie and Uncle Fred.
 Eli's little shadow Ty!
 Trevor loves the musical cards.
 What's in the box? What is it?
 Another box, a BIG box!
 Let me see!
 Cool headphones!
 Yummy cake!!!
 Dig in!
 Mr Crabby is ready for bed.
 Hot potato with water balloons.
 Look at the princess is swinging!
 Cool guy!
 Ummm nice Jordan!
 Running around the neighborhood.
 Hunger Games with water balloon weapons!




 Get the birthday boy. Surprisingly they only really got wet when it started to pour down rain!!!!
Eli loves his legos.

I am surprised at how fast 12yrs have gone by, but it is amazing being the mom to such an awesome young man! Eli, you are smart, funny, helpful, considerate and have such a sensitive heart! I am the one who is blessed by having you in my life! You are one of the most precious things in my life and I love you more than you know!! Thank you for being such an awesome son!

No comments: