Friday, March 6, 2009

Some Before and Afters . . . .

It's my Grandpa's bday next week and this is a before and after of his present. Since there are 3 sets of great grandboys, I thought that this set of frames was perfect. But a little plain.
So, I painted them. And I love how it turned out. I felt bad though because when I bought them Lucas was with me (before kindergarten). And I painted them after I took Lucas to school, when he got home and saw them he said" You painted them without us?" I felt bad, because they are usually right in the middle of all the craft projects that I do. I had bought some stamps for them to make bday cards. So, they each made my Grandpa a card.
When we went into Michael's, Lucas saw all the St Pat's Day decorating stuff and wanted to of course get some. Truthfully, I don't like decorating for holidays. They come and go so quickly. And as the boys have gotten older, they ask more and more to decorate for the holidays. Lucas was really wanting a wreath (and they were tacky!), so I came up with a craft project with this wreath. It wasn't white but I spray painted it. I just thought a brown wreath wouldn't go with the ideas that I had. And my bloggy buddy Ashley is always spray painting things white. So thx for the idea! So this is the after before pic. What?!?! I don't have a pic of the wreath before painting it-oh, your smart -never mind.
And here is the St Pat's Day wreath. Lucas helped me with putting the garland on. The plan is to then have different garland for the holidays to switch out. So, the wreath will have lots of use. And the easter stuff I got will go with the white better. But maybe I will have to get a brown one for the holidays that don't look as great with the white. I can't wait for the Easter one. Now, look who's excited.
And the last is a pic of another St Pat's day decoration. Didn't make it but its cute and simple (my kind of decoration).

No comments: