Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Veteran's Day

On Veteran's Day, my mom surprised my Grandfather with a brick on the Walk of Honor at the WWI museum. Even though my Grandfather was not in WWI, they honor other veteran's too! There was a Veteran's Day ceremony and then after lunch they had a special ceremony for those who were added to the Walk of Honor. I have always been so proud to have a Grandfather who was a Navy seaman and a Vietnam Veteran, but to see my Grandfather get so emotional over seeing his name on his brick was a precious moment that I am so thankful that I got to witness. Unfortunately my boys had school, so they missed out on the day, but I did take them this weekend to see the brick - so they can hopefully pass along the memories of their Great Grandfather to their children. My camera gets frequently stolen so I did not take all the pics but I will try to give credit to the photographer when appropriate.
At the end of the ceremony, they had individuals stand w/their service song. My Grandfather need to stand with the Navy and Army.
The Band.
Francis Gail Hall the Veteran of the day

Right after this pic, my Grandfather started to cry with all his gratitude which of course made my mother start to cry, and then I started to cry. Shoot I am tearing up now, just remembering. My poor nephew Jordan couldn't figure out why everyone was getting teary. He thought this was a happy thing! LOL!
I was able to show everyone the photo that Lucas took to that won him 2nd place in a photo contest that the museum had.
And here is Autumn's picture that won her 1st place.
Jordan hijacked my camera during lunch so the pic above and below are done by him. Oh, and Santa he would like a camera just like mine for Christmas! ;)

I took this pic as I was leaving.
Here are the pics from when the boys and I went to the museum.
Whoops just realized that I am a little out of order. Oh well, the boys are trying to find their Great Grandfather's brick.
Walking up to the museum.
They found it!
Lucas with his photo.
Here are some pics from the top of the the tower.

Had to take a pic of the train for my two T's.

Just testing my zooming.
I believe Eli took this one.
Lucas took this one. ( Lucas told me he was taking a pic of this building-so that it why it is the only one I am sure of)
I think Noah took this one.
Lucas loved looking into the bunker. Lucas took all the pics of inside the bunker below. But truthfully he took 99% of the pics inside the museum.








I took the above pic, but just because Lucas was having a hard time getting the shot he wanted of inside the canon. Hmm wonder who else takes pics of the inside of canons? Have a great day.

No comments: