Thursday, January 22, 2009

Those funny boys . . .

Okay this post needs a little background info. Last week was my sis-in-laws bday. Noah was asking me how old she was blah, blah, blah. Until he said "Aunt Julie looks WAY younger than you." . . . . I know! Now Julie is very beautiful and is not even a year old than me. But to make matters worse, Noah says "Aunt Julie looks like she is in her twenties." . . . . Seriously. I mean are you kidding me. I don't think I look like I am 45. Anyway, back to my story.
The reality is that the boys think that whoever is the tallest is the oldest.(unfortunately that is not what Noah was saying). *sniff*sniff* I know you feel my pain. . . . Sidetracked again. I try to explain to the boys that that is not the case and that brings us to today.

We are in the car after Lucas's karate practice and are talking about the whole tallest/oldest thing.

Me: "Uncle Andrew is taller than Papa but Papa is older."

Eli: "That's because Papa is old, old people are short."

*Yes he went there. What kind of manners did I teach my kids?!?! back to the story. . .

Lucas " OOOOHHHH! That was mean. That puts you in the meanie club!"

Well he does have a point.



The happy point is that I also dragged my other sis-in-law Jen into the conversation.(the baby of the big people- but a very TALL baby). To which Noah replied " Yeah I just don't see it. She seems WAY older." Sorry Jen. But really- even WAY older you would be like what 29.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Well I don't have much to say since I look so young & beautiful. I'm kinda liking their philosophy since I'm short, which also makes me young. Hmm... :)

Anonymous said...

28..thank you very much. But my Wii Fit age is 22 :)
--jenn