Friday, January 30, 2009

Valentine's Day gifts!

Eli came up with his Valentine's gift for his teacher on his own. The little Valentine bucket and heart shaped decorations were his inspirations. He did a great job. I love the glitter glue in the bottle on the left. It was perfect. And we had to cute a 2 1/2 inch styrofoam ball in half to fit into the bottom of the bucket. Eli wanted to put some candy in the bucket when the craft was done for a little sweet treat!

Eli painted the ball in the bucket so that it would look pretty when the candy was gone. And below is the final project( with the hersery kisses that Eli picked out to put in the bucket) that is AWESOME! What a crafty kid!


Lucas really like the heart shaped wreaths and ornaments. So we decided to make our own. They didn't have any small heart shaped wreaths. So, I cut the middle of a styrofoam heart and tada . . .


And this is what the heart looked like after Lucas painted it with the glitter glue. Great, huh?!?!

Then we wrapped ( well I wrapped) some garland around the heart. I formed hooks out of the wire in the back so it is an ornament and wreath!


Lucas is really pleased with the final present!


I found a cool idea on the Domestic Fashionista's blog. Now hers was made with roses. But I loved these hydrangea and they had other colors that were too beautiful to pass up. Truthfully this ball isn't finished ( I ran out of flowers) but enough is covered that I thought you couldn't really tell. I had a sick kiddo home this week and will hopefully be able to get more flowers to finish my V-day gifts soon.


Noah was the sick kiddo, so stay tuned for his Vday gift.
I changed my background on both my blogs in honor on my birthday that is coming up. Sorry if you don't like purple, but it is my fav color!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Great crafts! SO impressed! I wish I was that creative.

Cute background! So glad you tried out the Dots ones!

DomesticDivasFancy said...

That is so cute that they helped! What lucky guys!

Anonymous said...

Boys, what a nice job on the Valentines gifts! You are all very creative. Bravo!!! I miss you.