Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Girls weekend!

As promised, here is the pic from my girls weekend at Tan-Tar-A. There were about 20 women and it was a blast! There was a girl I went to highschool with, that goes every year - what a small world. It is an annual thing and Jules has been wanting me to go, but since I work every weekend-I need to do some planning ahead to be able to take the weekend off. I am glad I did. I needed it. Here are some pics of the view from our house.


I meant to get some pics of the house, but forgot. Here is a pic of us out to dinner the first night. We had t-shirts that looked like softball/baseball shirts (and lots of people asked if we were a womens softball team). Most of us had names/nicknames on the back. Which helped with remembering names.
Here are the pics of some of my purchases. We did some serious shopping. Like 7hrs in one day. My feet were hurting by the end of day #1. And when I got home I slept for like 14hrs. They say sometimes you need a vacation after you had a vacation!
Okay, I bought the cookie cutters for my mom. She has been looking for them. And they had some cute kid utensils, so I bought a spoon for the boys. The whisk is for Lucas. And he loved it. It has moveable arms/legs. I will post pics of Chef Lucas whisking soon.
The boys are doing yoga this month, so I got them some extra workout clothes. The clothes on the left are Noah's, Eli's in the middle, and Lucas on the right. The older boys pants are a little too big/long. But they are wearing them for jammies. But the shirts fit great. The older boy's clothes were marked down from 19.99-24.99 down to $7.50 for the pants and $6 for the shirts. Lucas's weren't as good of a sale. But were $9.99 each.
The croc outlet had ALOT of business. Lucas's (the red ones) were $4.99. Great deal, I know! The older boys were $9.99.
I found a great christmas present for the BFFs. And since they check the blog, I can't post any pics. So, you will have to wait till chrismas.

Noah needed a new watch. Fossil had ton of watches marked down. Mine (the one on the left-if you couldn't tell) was marked $29.99 down from $65. And since I bought 2 they were buy 1 get 1 50%off. So, Noah's watch-which was originally $29.99 was only $5. Sweet!
Bath and Body works is coming out with a new look for spring, and all their old bottles were 75% off. So, I paid less than $3 each for the lotion/shower gels. And the spray (which is the new look) was free for purchasing more than $10 worth.

There was a uniform outlet, so I picked up some new scrubs.
I needed some more long sleeve t-shirts(there is a pink one too, but it was already in the washing machine-so just imagine it) to wear under my scrubs and Eddie Bauer had theirs on sale for $7.99. I also picked up some new jeans and workout pants.
But the buy of the day was from the Coach outlet. The had clearance purses that were marked down an additional 50%. That's right, I said an additional 50%. And believe you me, LOADS of women were taking advantage of that. And they had a HUGE selection. There were women standing in line with 5-10 purses. . . . . .What you want to see the pic of mine?!?!










TA-DA! It is SO me. I love it.

And it was originally $379, but I like to say $400. Really what's $21 more. $400 rolls of the tongue better. But you see how it was then marked down to $329.99. And then $209.99. But I didn't pay, $209.99, that was the clearance price. Which is still not a bad price for a COACH purse. But more than I could spend. That's were the additional 50% off comes in. That's right it was $104.99. . . . . I KNOW! I snatched that baby up and wouldn't put it down. I checked with the sales girl, to make sure I was understanding the sale signs. And then I bought it.
I had such a good time, and hope to make it an annual thing.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! You got a lot of great stuff! LOVE your new Coach bag! You deserve it!! Glad you had a blast! Now that you got 14 hrs of sleep, will you watch Tyler so I can get some? LOL!

DomesticDivasFancy said...

Wow...what a beautiful place to go. And what great things you bought! Sounds like a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing! I LOVE THAT COACH PURSE...what a steal!

Anonymous said...

Rachel-
I am so glad you had a great time and you got some awesome stuff!! I want to go next year!!!
Nicole

Anonymous said...

Rachel, glad you had a good time & enjoyed the break. It looks like you made quite a contribution to the Ozark economy.

DomesticDivasFancy said...

Hey forgot to mention...stop by my blog and pick up your award I have for you! Hooray!