Friday, February 6, 2009

How to spend your Birthday . . .

I know you are dying to know how I spent my birthday. . . . Well, maybe interested is a better word . . . . Well, maybe you don't care but I am going to tell you anyway!

After getting the older boys off to school, I spent some times trying to get my STUPID computer to run faster. Defragmenting, disk clean up, immunizing the DUMB thing, running spyboot . . . . . BORING. . . . . . Then I clean house . . . . I know, I know, but it had to be done. Then I took Lucas to school and went to the gym . . . . Again I know, but this way I didn't feel guilty about dinner/dessert tonight. And then I came home and got ready for my date with my special men. Most people only have 1 and I have 3. I took a bubble bath, gave myself a mani/pedi and facial in a quiet CLEAN house . . . . AAAHHH! . . . Do you hear the heavens opening and the angels singing? . . . NO?!?! Well I did. It was great. I just relaxed and enjoyed my quiet clean house. I got this salt scrub in a bath/shower/lotion combo thing at Costco and LOVED it. . . .


It's minty and lemony and makes your skin soooooo soft! I just used it for the first time yesterday, and will be using it again soon. I have used sugar scrubs before and liked this much better. It wasn't like the St Ives apricot scrub feel, but like a gel/salty combo and dissolved in the water. When I have used other scrubs, they have other abrasives besides the sugar and leave a lot of grit in the tub, which the boys HATE! But this left no residue at all! I would have like to make an appt at the cosmetology school for my spa treatments ( facials for $25, mani $12, pedi $20) but with being cancelled over the last few weeks, that wasn't in the budget. Here is a pic after my mani/pedi. I love french manicures!
After school, Lucas had karate and then we opened presents before dinner. Noah gave me a new trashcan( he broke the current trash can) and this one is bigger. Eli gave me a new makeup bag. And Lucas gave me a heater for my seat in my car. I can't wait to try it out. Here is a pic of me and my dates! Aren't they handsome!

We went to the Cheesecake Factory. We had a good time. The boys were fighting with each other over who got to open my door. What sweet boys I have! Noah was in charge (he had a gift card to pay for dinner. Thx mom you thought of everything). He gave his name to the host. The boys were telling EVERYONE that it was my Birthday. When we were being seated.
Lucas told the host "It's my Mom's Birthday"
Host says "Really?"
And then Lucas says "We got her a TRASHCAN!"
Host speechless turns and looks at me with question in his eyes . . . .
I said "It is what I always wanted!"
We were too stuffed for cheesecake :(. But Noah really enjoyed being able to take the check and pay for dinner. It is sweet how they really want to do something nice for me. I love my boys and I pray they become giving, loving Men of God. They are off to a good start. The boys had an Open house, and we had just enough time to make it there after dinner. And when we got home, the boys had decorated a cake for me. It was soo sweet. They picked purple icing since purple is my fav color.

It truly was an AWESOME birthday. My family and BFF's called and texted their happy birthdays. And I had a ton of happy birthdays on facebook. The boys sang me happy birthday like 10 times. And Eli just kept telling me how much loved me and happy birthday. The only problem is . . . .How are they going to be able to top this next year?!?! . . .Well at least they have a year to plan it.

1 comment:

Julie said...

What a great day & such sweet boys!! Your mani/pedi looks great...now I'm jealous! :)

Absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the pic of you with the boys! Gee...that might make a nice blog header...if only you knew someone who could make you one...hmmm...