Tuesday, February 10, 2009
You know your old . . . .
I know that I had a birthday last week, but I really didn't feel older. Just like any other day, except the pampering/boys spoiling me part. But this weekend, the boys and I were having a date day (date night is watching a movie at home together but a date day is doing stuff together all day/afternoon). I had found (well my mom found) some movie passes, so we went to the movies and did some window shopping while we waited for the movie to start. We saw that Stride Rite had a sale and Eli desperately needed new shoes. I had never been in and didn't know what size they carried. So, I had them measure the boys feet. Eli is a 6-6 1/2, Lucas is 13-13 1/2, and Noah is a 7-7 1/2. I know, Are you kidding me?!?! His feet are as big as mine! He has gone through 2 pairs of school this year, mostly because they are too small to wear. Let's be honest, I have three boys, three active boys, shoes don't stand a chance. They are rough on them, but it is to be expected. So, obviously Stride Rite was not the store for Noah/Eli, but was able to snag a $50/pair of shoes for Lucas for $20. I know, great deal. Lucas's feet don't really seem to grow, but he does wear them out pretty good. Has his fav pair and doesn't really wear anything else. So, I had to take the older boys to Famous Footwear for new shoes. And seriously $50-70/pair. I can't believe how expensive men's shoes are. I know, such a girl thing to say. I don't think that is too unreasonable for women's shoes, but I shop the sales and clearance. Finding shoes for Noah was very difficult, but was finally able to find a pair of Sketchers for $29.99. And I was able to find some 6-6 1/2 for Eli, but alot of them were over $40. These are shoes they might be wearing for 6months. Notice the stress on might. I think I need a second job or put a second mortage on the house. The boys are growing so fast. And that makes me realize how old I am. Where is my magic wand, so I can freeze time?!?!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It sucks how quickly they need new shoes! Trevor wears XW, so he's going to be tough to shop for. We did go to Stride Rite & got hims some shoes, but of course they don't have his size in the cheap shoes...just like his daddy...
I always struggled with how much it cost to keep a kid in shoes and clothes,...especially when I had to times everything by 3 when my three girls were growing up. But they never went without much,...and so I wonder now why I worried so much.
Things just seem to work out,...but really I know that it is God taking care of us.
I give Him praise for providing for us all.
I thank Him for all you blogger friends that I am making as I am getting to know each of you.
Thanks for sharing your story.
Keep on keepin' on.
Linda
Post a Comment