Monday, December 1, 2008

All I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth!


Much to my surprise, Lucas lost his other front tooth over the weekend. He was wrestling w/Scott and bumped his tooth. The boys came running out of the playroom to say Lucas's mouth was bleeding. Nothing like a cousin being around to keep the tears back. Normally, Lucas would have FREAKED when he started bleeding. But w/Scottie around, he kept his cool. Lucas had a blood blister where his tooth was and he was FREAKING out about that. He was worried it was going to fall out, that it would get into his food, fall out into his mouth while he was sleeping (need I go on). He would not let it go. He also said it tasted gross! I think that bothered him more than anything. After he go caught up in cookingmaking and playing, he was distracted enough not to notice it as much.
Then on the way to my brother house Lucas declared that he could eat anymore. Here's how that went.
Lucas "Mama, I don't think I can eat anymore! Since I don't have my front teeth."
Aunt Jennifer added "Well, you can use your other teeth!"
Lucas"I chew with my side teeth. My front teeth are for biting. How can I eat if I can't bite the food?"
Enough said.
And everyone should be happy to hear that he was able to eat ravioli, corn dogs, pop tarts!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Looks like ya'll had a great time! So glad Lucas has managed to get some nourishment! :)