Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Phase 2!

Phase 2 of Christmas was yesterday at my Mom's house. It was an ALL day affair. It was fun hanging out with the fam. Opening presents, enjoying good food, and even more food. There was a big breakfast, snacks through out the day and a great dinner of prime rib and twice baked potatos. It was relaxing and nice to spend so much time with loved ones. And it was great kicking Fred's butt in bowling!
We had to wait for the grandparents to open the presents, so we all sat and waited. But not all were very patient.
All the grandkids were trying to figure out which were their presents. But at Nana's house, no names are on the presents. In the stockings are a card with your name and the pic of your stamp. You have to look at the stamp on the presents to see if the stamp matches. However, we couldn't even open stockings until the grandparents arrived.
So, we took the opportunity to get some pics of the family.
When the grandparents arrived, we quickly got onto the task of opening gifts.
I got a great pic of Eli and Scott posing with their stamp cards.
I think the kids were getting tired of having to stop to pose for pics. So, they started to get silly. Not sure what kind of face Scott is making, but he is being goofy.
The kids waiting for it to be time to open the next gifts.
Noah got a circuit set. And Lucas got the batman laptop that he had been wanting.
Trevor picked this gift as his fav. It was one of the first presents that he opened, so he wasn't too interested in opening anymore. He just kept pointing at the helicopter on the box and waited for someone to open it for him.
Eli and Scott got these remote controlled trucks. But they are too big to get both in the pic.
Grandpa/Grandma enjoyed their photobook from the grandkids. Nana and Papa got one too. Rumor has it Dad got a little emotional looking through it, however he had no comment. But many witnessed him laughing when looking through the old pics of the family.
We played pass the baby through out the day with Tyler. Many people put him to sleep and cuddled with him during the day. Jordan was caught playing with him.
I held him while we were waiting to open gifts. Not sure why he is so orange. I didn't take the pic. I haven't fully mastered my camera yet.
Fred holding Tyler while we were opening gifts.
Jen was the biggest baby hog. I think someone has a little baby fever. Maybe she will be dipping into the baby pool next.
I did my fair share of holding Tyler. Julie was enjoying having everyone hold Tyler. He got tired after this pic was taken and we took a little nap on the sofa.
Break out the toys. Lucas got Trevor some match box cars that he LOVED. He cracks me up when he lays on the floor to play.
Jordan also got a circut set. So, the boys took over the kitchen for a while building different circuts that made the light bulb light up, different noises, and even made a wheel spin. Noah really enjoyed this gift.
Finally, Trevor got to play with his new garage. He was found playing with it most of the day.
I wonder if Noah and Jordan asked Tyler if they could play with his train?
The usually shy Trevor, began to feel more comfortable with all the cousins as the day went on.
New games and accessories for the wii were the big gifts for all the grandboys. So, everyone made it down through out the day to play on the wii.
Even the grandparents got in on some bowling action.
Grandma finally got the hang of it and Junie Bear beat Fritzy (their wii names). But Fritzy is still sticking to the theory that she cheated.
Tyler was getting hungry from watching everyone play the wii, so he was trying to eat Papa's fingers.
Cheers!
And we ended the day with a big Christmas dinner.
Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best Christmas ever!

Julie said...

What great pics! It was a WONDERFUL day! I love that you have more pics of me than I've seen in years! And most of them I'm taking pictures. I can say that you truly captured the essence of the day! :)

Anonymous said...

You did a great job of capturing the day in pictures. love you-mom