Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Phase 1!

Could this post BE any longer?!?! I predict phase 2 (christmas at my Mom's) will be longer.
The boys got up me up at a reasonable hour 0720. Although, Noah told me later that they had been up earlier but wanted to let me sleep. What awesome kids I have!
Stockings were opened first.
Eli loved his present from Noah.
I just love how the kids are all interested in what someone else is opening.
Lucas had spotted this present (the much desired Trash Truck) in the closet a few days before. Even though he knew he was getting it, He was still surprised that it was blue (he only saw the back of the box) and it was his fav present.
Lucas got Noah battleship.
After the boys opened all of the presents under the tree, they realized that they hadn't gotten any gifts from Santa. Were they on the Naughty List? Oh, NO! . . . . Santa had slipped a gift under the tree skirt (which Noah pointed out "It's ALWAYS under the tree skirt" I didn't remind him that last year was the first year we had a tree skirt-what he doesn't know won't hurt him) Back to the story. Santa had left a tiny box with a letter to the boys. He had left clues for the boys to find their presents from Santa.
They had to sing "We wish you a Merry Christmas"
Lucas had to read color words.
Noah had to do math problems. He was not entirely thrilled about that.
Eli had to take a spelling test.
Last they had to tell something they were going to do to show God's love in 2009. Noah is going to pray for people. Eli is going to show people respect. And Lucas is going to be nice to people.
They found out that Santa had hid 6 presents in the playroom for them to find.
Noah quickly found the first present under the stuffed animals.
But where is present #2. Not in here.
And not in here.
Finally, all gifts were found. And the boys discovered that Santa had brought them an Xbox 360. And they were THRILLED!
And Santa even gave them each a controller. That Santa is super smart!
Papa and Nana stopped by and Papa was kind enough to set up the Xbox. The boys spent most of the day playing. We did go to the movies and see The tail of Despereaux. I thought the book was much better.
It was nice to just spend a day hanging out. Phase 2 took place today, and I have LOADS of pics. But this has taken a long time, so I will save that post for 2moro or another day. The boys and I had a great Christmas, and hope that all of you did to. Treasure your family, they are a gift from God!

1 comment:

Julie said...

What great pics! It looks like it was tons of fun! Can't wait to see the pics from Mom & Dad's. We had a blast with the whole fam. Lots of love to you guys!!